What is an endpoint
An endpoint is a remote computing device that communicates with the network to which it’s connected. Some examples of endpoint devices are desktops, laptops, smartphones, and servers. Endpoints are the sweet spots for cyber attackers since they are constantly connected to the internet.
What is Endpoint Security
Endpoint security or protection is an approach to the protection of computer networks that are remotely bridged to client devices. Endpoint security solutions protect endpoints on a network or the cloud environment from cyberattacks.
Endpoint security solutions offer a centralized management console that allows the system admins to control security for corporate endpoints using policy setting which depends on the type of protection the system requires. They work by examining files, processes, and system activities for suspicious and malicious indicators
The core advantage of using an endpoint security solution is that it helps close vulnerable gaps by using advanced technology like Next Generation Anti-virus. Other advantages of having an endpoint security solution are, managed threat hunting, detection, and threat intelligence integration
Examples of endpoint security solutions available for businesses
EDR: Endpoint detection and response
an endpoint security solution that continuously monitors end-user devices to detect and respond to cyber threats like ransomware and malware.
NG-AV: Next Generation Anti-Virus:
NGAV is cloud-based, which allows it to be deployed in hours instead of months, and the burden of maintaining software, managing infrastructure, and updating signature databases is eliminated.
Our partnering solutions for Endpoint Protection include
- Bitdefender Gravityzone Ultra
- Trend Micro
- Crowdstrike Falcon
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection currently known as Microsoft 365 Defender
- Sophos Endpoint Protection
- Sentinel One is an example of a comprehensive enterprise security platform that provides threat detection, hunting, and response features that enable organizations to discover vulnerabilities and protect IT operations.
- Malwarebytes protects your home devices and your business endpoints against malware, ransomware, malicious websites, and other advanced online threats.